Cratermatic 'findcraters' Tutorial
This tutorial describes how to use the 'findcraters' command. To really understand what is going on, you should first go through the general Cratermatic tutorial. The following steps assume that you are in the directory containing the Cratermatic executable 'craters' and an elevation dataset 'elevation.txt'.
- Start Cratermatic in interactive mode with the command './craters'.
- Load the elevation file onto the stack with '.elevation.txt l'
- Run the craterfinding routine and place the results in a directory named "Products" with the command '.Products findcraters'
- Sit back and relax while the craters are found
- Exit Cratermatic with the 'q' command
You could also have run the whole command sequence from the command line with './craters .elevation.txt l .Products findcraters'.
An alternative version of the command, 'findcratersP', takes seven numerical constants for the crater determination parameters k1 ... k7. The syntax is 'IMAGE OUTPUT_FOLDER k1 k2 k3 k4 k5 k6 k7 findcratersP', so, for example, to repeat the above command with the default parameter values, you would use './craters .elevation.txt l .Products 0.25 0.10 0.06 0.02 0.5 0.33 0.33 findcratersP'